Over the next few weeks, I’m going to be re-sharing some posts that I had last year as part of a series called Spring Into Summer. My blog has grown much, thanks to all of you, in the past year, so many may not have seen these posts. I hope to give you some tools to prepare ahead of time for a fun, creative and relaxing summer.
I am so excited to have another great guest post, this one brought to you by my friend Stacie at Motherhood on a Dime!
Summer will be here before you know it…and along with it, kids who need something to do! As the mom of three little girls (ages 4 to 7), I understand the need to keep them occupied and engaged during the long, hot summer days. Here are four inexpensive items I keep in my “summer activity box”.
1) Sidewalk Chalk
Here are a few of our favorite ways to use chalk:
- Build a chalk city (this keeps them entertained for so long!!)
- Practice letters and numbers
- Draw and play hopscotch
- Review spelling words
Bubbles and summer days just seem to go together. Here are a few bubble-blowing variations you might try:
- Body Part Bubble Pop
- Use pipe cleaners or experiment with other items to make bubble wands
- Make a huge bubble wand from a hula hoop
- Have a bubble-blowing contest (Who can make the largest? Who can make the smallest?)
You can pick up a roll of foil fairly inexpensively at a dollar-type store or use a coupon to get a good deal. Here are just a few ideas for foil:
- Make boats
- Make a foil river
- Use foil (and the sun) to make s’mores
- Tinfoil dinners
- Use foil to make sculptures
Well, I can’t actually store water in my activity box, but there are so many fun activities to do with water during the summer!
- Make your own slipe-and-slide
- Water balloon toss (classic!)
- Make your own soaker balls
- Scooping and pouring water in a kiddie pool
- “Paint” outside with a bucket of water and large paintbrush
Do you have any inexpensive summer fun ideas?
Stacie is the mom of three little girls and wife to her college sweetheart. A former teacher, she blogs about kid’s activities, bargains, faith, and life over at Motherhood on a Dime. She also loves skimming through Pinterest to find favorite crafts for kids, homeschooling, and organizational ideas.
Latest posts by Jenn (see all)
- Giveaway of 3 Kids Daily Essential Oil Kits from Rocky Mountain Oils! - 10/25/2016
- 12 FREE Bible-Based Thankgiving Printables for Families - 10/24/2016
- 11 Bible Verses that Address Lying - 10/12/2016