FREE Printable: Character Cards for Prayer with Your Children

Thank you for being here at The Purposeful Mom! I wanted to share these Character Cards with you that you can use during your devotional or prayer time with your children.

Free printable Scripture character cards for praying with your children

The idea for these cards came out of an earlier post I wrote about how we do devotions with our children. During that time, we use prayer cards, with names of family, friends and “character qualities” written on 3×5 notecards that we store in a small box. You can learn more about what we do here.

A reader mentioned that she was going to write a Bible verse or reference on each card to go along with the character quality on that card! So I’ve made up some colorful 3×5 cards with 20 Biblical character qualities on them along with a Scripture verse and two extra references that I hope you will print, cut and use with your family.

They aren’t designed to be used in this manner: “Cindy, you were so mean to your brother–go pray over your character cards!”

But rather in this manner: “James, why don’t we ask God to give us wisdom by praying Scripture over our family.” :)

It’s important for us to remind our children that we can’t “muster up” these qualities on our own. We need the Holy Spirit to nurture them in us! Philippians 2:13 tells us, “for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose.”

Here’s an example of the cards!

Download your free Character Cards for Prayer with Your Children! Please feel free to share this link with other interested friends or family!

Instructions for downloading: Click on the link above. You will be directed to the pdf in Dropbox. From there, you should be able to download the character cards! They are designed to be printed in “landscape”, so be sure to change the orientation if it doesn’t print correctly.

If you cannot access the Dropbox link, click here for an alternate download.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at thepurposefulmom {at} live {dot} com.

The following two tabs change content below.

Jenn

Blogger/ Author at The Purposeful Mom
Hi, I'm Jenn! I'm happily married to my college sweetheart, mother to four wonderfully spunky children and a woman who needs a whole lot of Jesus! I spend most of my time taking care of my home and family, reading good books, blogging and dreaming up ways that I can finally have a perfectly organized home--ha!

Comments

• says

Sorry I haven’t responded to your comment! You might try widening your margins to get them to print. I’m not sure what type of printer or program you use, so I can’t tell you exactly how that’s done though! Widening your margins should give them room to print! Thanks!

1. says

Saw your link over at Titus Tuesday.

Thank you for sharing these! What a wonderful idea; we will be putting them to use with our family Bible time.

2. mistie says

These look like just what we need, but I can’t seem to download them right. Any suggestions?

• says

Yep! Click on the text “Character Cards…” right below the example prayer card in the post above. Then it will take you to Dropbox which will bring you to the front page of the cards. Click the blue “download” button on the top right of the screen, choose direct download. Press “keep file” if that pops up and then it will automatically download the cards to wherever your computer stores downloaded files or wherever you choose. You can print them out in landscape. Hope that helps!

3. grace says

Hi Jenn, just found your post about praying with our kids. I tried to download the link to the the printable cards but the link seems only taken to the patience picture (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dFIZGj8pHSQ/UJP1llodE3I/AAAAAAAABy8/nl1g1uQWC0M/s1600/patience2.jpg). Am I missing another link to download the files? Thank you so much for sharing this post, we are trying to do family devotion with our family and I am trying to encourage my son to do his own quiet time by himself. Maybe this will help to encourage him :-)
    God bless you!

• says

Hi Grace,

If you click on the words right under the Patience prayer card picture that say “Character Cards for Prayer with Your Children”, it should bring you right to the dropbox file :) I will update the image too, so it can also direct people to the file.

I hope this will help your son! It is great to encourage our kids to do quiet time/Scripture reading on their own! Let me know if you need other help.

• Kim says

Hi! I want to use these with our kids too, but I am having the same issue with the picture and links. Nothing links me to dropbox….just the pictures in the post. Could you email them to me maybe? Thank you for this great resource!

4. Tara says

Hi.
    I just clicked on the link and it says the link has been disabled.
    I was hoping to have a look at these.
    Are the cards still available, or is it just a faulty link?
    Thanks.