For years I had a little air popper for making popcorn. Eventually it died so I moved on to making popcorn on the stove. It’s really, really tasty but not really good for you due to the copious amount of oil used in the recipe :)
I decided to experiment with making homemade microwave popcorn. It’s such a simple recipe: all you need is some popcorn kernels and a paper bag (oh, and I suppose a microwave is helpful too).
- Measure 1/4 cup kernels of popping corn into a small brown paper bag. Fold over tightly 3 or 4 times.
- Microwave for anywhere between 1 1/2 minutes and 3 minutes, depending on your micro’s wattage.*
- Listen for the popping to slow significantly and carefully remove the bag.
This makes about 2 qts of white, fluffy popcorn! You can drizzle a little butter over the top if you want but it’s really delicious by itself. Or you can make my homemade microwave caramel corn.
*Lesson Learned: My first try left me with half a bag of charred popcorn because I put it in too long. For my 1000 watt microwave, it took about 1 minute, 40 seconds for a fully popped (uncharred) bag.
This recipe is linked at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam’s Tasty Tuesday.
Latest posts by Jenn (see all)
- Sally Clarkson’s Best Book on Motherhood Just $1.99! Plus Other Faith-Based Deals - 06/20/2017
- Proverbs Bible Reading Plan for Kids - 06/01/2017
- Family Summer Cleaning Schedule Free Printable - 05/31/2017